- We have finally replaced the free ugly detonator FX with our own animated cartoon explosion. It is so good that we will release it on Unity Asset Store.
- The Windows version now uses XInput instead of Unity input for controllers. It results in a wider controller support, and it fixes some problems with the triggers. We have also found that FPS affected input sensitivity, which was fixed.
- Reimplemented the weapon aiming system (should be good now).
- Added Linux version.
- Improved HUD (weapon cycle widget).
- Added config files to mess with the game parameters (check our forum for more info).
Preparations for launching the game on Steam in Early Access are in full swing. For those who are anxious to get the game, we have good news: the release can be expected this month.
You have probably experienced stretched and ugly-looking textures on steep slopes when using the terrain engine in Unity. It is caused by a simple planar UV mapping that is employed by the built-in terrain shader. The problem can be solved by applying the triplanar texture mapping. It gives nice-looking textures on vertical surfaces and other complex shapes. This tutorial explains how the technique works, and it provides simple code examples.
Today can be considered as the day when the Raving Bots have been born. Our company is a new developer specializing in games and virtual reality. We are a group of talented and hard-working people. Our enthusiasm is infinite.